Friday, June 1, 2012

My first post...The 80s Revisited


Hello to any and all readers,
My name is AJ, I'm 37 years old, and I live in the United States.

I was born in the mid 70s, grew up in the 80s, thereby being a so-called "child of the 80s." I love being my age particularly because I got to experience the decade of the 80s in its entirety.

The 80s in and of itself was a fascinating decade. And to a child growing up during that time, the 80s was more than just fascinating; it was a world of wonder.

So, I created this blog to share my memories and to express some of my thoughts on the captivating, unforgettable aspects of the 80s, such as its music, movies, tv shows, fashions, trends & fads, political & world events, celebrities & other individuals of note, as well as to relate personal anecdotes from that time.

For the purpose of this blog, I'm going to include the year 1980 as part of the 80s, although technically, 1980 was actually the last year of the 70s. The reason I want to include 1980 is that many noteworthy things took place that year, and also because people generally consider that year a part of the 80s anyway. Therefore, this blog will span the period from 1980 to 1990.

Without any more hesitation, let's revisit that amazing period in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment